Friday, February 27, 2009

Homework

Been a while since I've posted on this (comparatively, as the objective was to do so daily!). Basically this is just because I've been considerably busy. I've had more homework this week than any previous week probably ever. But it's not so bad, and I wouldn't mind having this much every week. Some of it is rather difficult and therefore frustrating, but this seems to have the best, or at least most immediately noticable rewards upon completion. With Biblical Hebrew, I enjoy doing it the most, but I have no concrete goals outside of the assignment so it's very hard to say when I've done a sufficient amount to be fulfilled.

I'm pushing a little harder this semester, so I expect to make myself do more homework than the bare minimum so I learn things better in general. This is no small order, but I think it will be well worth the effort and is quite managable. An astute reader might wonder - but why? Wouldn't you rather have fun partying and such than learning and doing homework? Somewhat, definitely. I enjoy hanging out with my friends, going out with them, generally being off-the-wall and all such good stuff. But there isn't a certain imperative sense in me to focus on some work right now, so I will not be as liberal with my time as before. Where does this sense come from? Well, from everywhere at once, of course! I couldn't exactly say, through confusion or other accounts, of a definite source. But it's there, and so I must respect it!

So where does that leave me? I'm feeling a little bit older (even though I look a little bit younger! - no more facial hair), a little bit more disenchanted, but at the same time I'm finding some deeper appreciation for things (most importantly of them all: the different people I know) and so really, I'm just becoming enchanted again in a different way. I'll try and remember to talk about my life's enchanted perspective sometime, I'm sure it will be quite out of the ordinary for most people (it's quite a romanticized and poetic outlook and lifestyle, it might seem quite naive to some and completely pointless to others, but I don't mind that much. I never asked anyone to share my thoughts!). So rest assured, my eyes aren't dulled with pragmatism yet!

On a different note, I've started to listen to Sentenced (actually only one album, The Cold White Light) - very melodic death metal (death metal is basically darkly themed metal, it does not involve screaming/guttural singing, that falls under the category of black metal). This right now is supplementing my playlist of more recent Weezer (Red Album, Make Believe, Maladroit, etc.). It's a pretty good combination, and I'm throwing in some Metallica to give it a heavier feel every now and then.

Okie dokie, time for some internationally houred coffee! Stay tuned for more, as this weekend I'll have an in-depth critique/analysis of one of my friend's short stories! It should be oh such an exciting time for you all! Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment