Monday, February 16, 2009

Wow, pink (Classes too)

Okay, I just realized how pink this thing is. I'm so sorry. And I'm even more sorry for you that I'm keeping it. Oh well, life sucks, right?

I figured I might as well talk about the current investment of my life's time at this moment: classes! I'm a second semester (or third if you really like, but JanPlan doesn't *really* count) freshman at Colby College way up in moose-land, Maine. First semester I took four classes because everyone told me not to take five (Physics - Mechanics, Honors Calc I, Intro to Old Testament, and Philosophy - Nature and God). Then they told me again. Unfortunately for me, I listened to them, and had next to no homework most of the time, and just generally hung out and relaxed. Not bad for a first semester of getting acclimated to college, but honestly, I'm at college to learn more than I've ever learned before, and to learn it well. If I'm not trying my hardest all the time, I'm missing something I shouldn't be.

Anyways, this semester I went against the grain, slapped on an independent study of Biblical Hebrew (more on that later), and I'm up to five! The new four are H Calc II, Linear Algebra, Intro to New Testament, and Physics - Electromagnetism and Optics. This semester has so far proven to be quite fruitful in the work department, netting me hours of glorious homework each night! I will have to see if this is too tiring to continue upping it next semester, as I plan to take Russian then (what's a whole new alphabet when I've already learned three?). Oh well, my possible majors of religion/math/physics are all vying for time, so time will tell how things go. Biblical Hebrew right now is making me work harder because I'm making it hard for myself - I'm learning to write with my left hand solely because those who wrote it originally wrote left handed! I know, I'm a purist, I'm eccentric, I'm a masochist, I'm insane, etc. Other than that, the work for my classes isn't too intense, but is very challenging. It's got me going to bed earlier and doing work not at the very last minute (good, eh?).

I guess that's all there is to say about classes at this moment, other than my sheer, raw ambition will drive me through walls before it stops! Not necessarily a bad thing, but we'll see.

1 comment:

  1. OMG U R SO ARROGANT LOOK AT U WIF UR BIG BRAIN.

    J/k! Good post. :)

    ReplyDelete